Welcome to My 'Blog

Welcome to My 'Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

I'm back in Austin after almost a week in Dallas.  I can't remember the last time I was there for such a long stretch.  I think probably the summer before my last year of school.  Which would've made it the last time I saw Grandma alive.  Interesting.

I'm not gonna post much today.  Honestly, I'm still pretty wiped out from the trip and, hopefully, I'll be in better shape tomorrow.  It feels like the last couple of weeks have just been one big, emotionally-draining experience after another and I feel like I need a day-long nap or something to get my head back together.  Well, that, and pretty much everything I ate over the last six days was somehow cooked with bacon and covered in salt.  It's probably gonna take me close to a week for the food coma to wear off.

I will say, though, that it was good to have some time away from work and responsibility and just be around my family to navigate the thing together.  We're a hard bunch to be around at times, but we've got each other and sometimes, that's all that counts.

I'ma go nap before work now.  I'll talk at you guys tomorrow. 

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment