Welcome to My 'Blog

Welcome to My 'Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Thankful for a Mini-Vacation

I'm not going to Dallas for Thanksgiving this year and, in some ways, it's kind of a relief.  Nothing adds to holiday stress quite like having to drive two and a half hours to get to it and it's nice to not have to deal with that this week.  I am kinda disappointed that I won't get to see my family before Christmas, but everything comes with a trade-off, I guess.  I'm gonna make a turkey pot pie and take it over to a friend's house with a big bottle of Sweet Leaf for lunch tomorrow, so it should be a pretty nice little afternoon. Thanksgiving is, essentially, a harvest festival; a time to relax and enjoy the fruit of all your labors.  In keeping with the spirit of the holiday, I'm gonna go ahead and take tomorrow plus long weekend off, since most everybody's gonna be too busy eating and dealing with their family craziness to read, anyway.  Besides, I've gotta work on Black Friday and I'm kinda already stressing about that.  But whatever.  I'm gonna relax a little before then and eat 'til I hate myself, which is one of my favorite things to do around the holidays.

Before I bail, though, I just want to express my gratitude at being able to do this at all.  I get pretty consistent feedback from most of you that read it and you're always really nice about saying how you've enjoyed it and it challenged you or made you think or whatever.  I don't know if any of it is true, but I really appreciate your encouragement and support anyway.  I've never pandered to anybody, and I'm certainly not going to start, but it's nice to know that at least a few people are keeping up with it and getting something out of it.  That was all I ever really hoped to get out it, anyway.

You're all a blessing to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I hope you enjoy your holiday as much as I intend to enjoy mine and, for those of you who are or will be traveling, have a safe trip.  I'll see you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment